Sender Identification [ Sender Name/Number or Source Address ]
This is the name or number which flashes on the recipient's mobile phone when they receive an SMS Text message. Most GSM Networks/Operators accept up to an 8-character Alpha-Numeric String as Sender Identification.Learn how to buy your own Sender ID.
An Alphanumeric Source Addresses must abide by the following criteria:
- Must be between 3 and 8 characters in length (inclusive)
- Must not contain blank spaces
- The first character cannot be "0" (zero)
- Must not contain accented characters
- Must not contain punctuated/special characters, such as * $ < , > ? ! % [ ] | \
- Must not contain Greek characters
- Must not just be a name of an individual
- Source Addresses are case sensitive
Important TIPS on Sender Identification
- All Regular SMSCountry Account Users have the option to set up their Sender Identification (Name/Number) only once. So, please use caution before you choose your Sender Name/Number. Once configured, requests for change of Sender Identification shall not be entertained, unless it is deemed as really genuine case by SMSCountry.
- Some Networks/Operators do not grant the facility of a Dynamic Sender Identification, meaning each Sender Identification has to be specially approved by them before a message, bearing that Sender Identification, can be transmitted through their Network. This has been implemented to counter spam to a certain extent.
- All API/SMPP Account Users, who have the option to dynamically change the Sender Identification, are requested to please get the list of all possible Sender Names/Numbers approved before they start sending out messages. Else, there could be a possibility of messages not being delivered.
- The Sender Identification is not a guaranteed feature and may be changed by SMSCountry or its Service Providers' Networks with/without notice to suit the requirement of the various technologies/ networks/ regulatory bodies etc.
- SMSCountry may take anything between 24 hours to 72 hours, after the payment has been realized, to activate the required Sender Identification.
- SMSCountry reserves the right to approve the Sender Name/Number for Users at its sole discretion.
read more>>Online as well as Offline options to recharge your a/c ; purchase Sender Identification or get API Access.